Page Tabs Home About Recipes Genesis Pure Journey to 13.1

Monday, February 25, 2013

Need a Snack??

After my boys go to bed, I start to have that mental fight with myself over a snack.

I think I need a snack..
No you don't, just think about something else or go to bed
Not working,  I still need something
Fine, but have something healthy

For the record, I usually cave.  Sometimes I listen and have a healthy snack like the one I'm about to share, other nights I grab a massive handful of chocolate chips and keep going back for more.

Last week one night I was strong and remembered a  healthy recipe I had pinned on Pinterest.

I adapted it a little but here is the Pinterest picture the goodness came from so you can see why I thought it was a good idea to try these.

http://www.salad-in-a-jar.com

Here is how you can have a healthy snack in less than 5 minutes.

Start with an apple, any kind will do (I used Granny Smith)

 Peel the apple and cut into slices.

Put the slices into a microwavable bowl and add the following ingredients

You can use a spoonful of sugar, sweetener, or I chose to use honey
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water

Mix items together.  Cover bowl with plastic wrap.  Microwave for 2 minutes

Enjoy your healthy, warm and delicious bedtime snack!





No comments:

Post a Comment