Page Tabs Home About Recipes Genesis Pure Journey to 13.1

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Trim Up Tuesdays

Welcome to Trim- Up Tuesdays!  
I'm glad you stopped by. 

Since we are just getting to know each other here, I need to say a few things to start off. 

I've always been a yo-yo dieter.  My weight goes up quickly and it slowly goes down.  Goes back up and back down.
I used to diet.   I used to do some working out and have never been considered skinny, but also never really been overweight except for a really brief period in college (darn freshman 15).  

Now I've had two kids and have worked hard to get where I am.  I weigh less now than I did before I got pregnant with my first.  I gained 47 pounds with my first son, and 33 with my 2nd.  Now I have lost it all and then some and it feels good.  


I believe in a healthy lifestyle, I believe in making good food choices, and letting myself have some "junk" here and there (more than I would like to admit especially when it comes to candy). I have a long road to get where I want to be when it comes to healthy eating but every day  I do what I can to make big strides o eat better and better.

I'm a wannabe full on clean eater but haven't made it longer than 2 days.
I love to workout but I know that there's more to being healthy. 
 I have seen this quote on a lot of people's social media and love it.


When it comes to exercise, I'm good at it.  I enjoy exercising a lot but the eating part I struggle.  I love to cook, I love to bake even more.  I love new recipes.  I'm a stress eater.  Each week I'm going to attempt clean eating and binge the day before to "get wanting the junk out of my system".  If at lunch I "ruin" the day by eating something unhealthy, my mind thinks the day is shot and I should just eat whatever from that point on.  Changing our brain and the way we think is hard.  That's my biggest issue.  My ultimate goal is to view food as fuel and nothing more!  Obviously I have a long way to go.  

I saw this on Pinterest  and thought it was great.  It definitely is a great place to start.  Now my goal isn't to be skinny.  I want to be fit, and toned. I want lean muscle mass not just to be bones but you still get the point!  There are some great rules to follow.  

What are your biggest setbacks when it comes to reaching your goal weight?  

No comments:

Post a Comment