Page Tabs Home About Recipes Genesis Pure Journey to 13.1

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Day In Our Life


This topic is going all around in Blogland and I have been meaning to do it for awhile but finally  getting around to it.

We have very different looking days.  I work 2 days a week and stay home with the boys the rest so obviously those are very different than my working days.

For the most normal and soon to be full-time days we are doing a day that I'm home.

Around 5:30, I wake up, work out, and begin getting ready

Anywhere from 6:30 to 7:15 boys wake up.  They share a room so it's usually at the same time.  If one's awake the other will be in a few minutes.

7:15 Boys eat a slow breakfast.  They usually sit at the table for awhile.
I make beds, lay out clothes, unload dishwasher, start laundry, just get everything tidy'd up and ready for the day.  I'm a bit of a freak I can't relax until it's all done.

8:30
Lately on Monday's I've been doing most of the weekly cleaning, so if it's Monday I start cleaning and the boys start messing.  Then on Fridays we usually get groceries so we would get get ready to head there.  If we have any errands to run this is when we normally would leave for them as well.  They other days we mostly just spend the morning at home, playing and hanging out.

Around 9:30 or 10 the boys are ready for morning snack.

More Playing until lunch.

11:30 is lunch time in this house.  My kids are usually ready because they never want much breakfast and are so active all morning.

After lunch we clean up, if it's nice we have been going outside if not more playing inside usually head to the basement for a change.

1:30-2:00  Boys go down for a nap, I tidy up the house to have it neat while they sleep.  Naps are my sanity time, I love the quiet time, I love the messes put away and I love to sit on the couch and catch up on social media, blog, pretty much become a computer couch potato.

2:00-4:30 Boys nap.  Noah always wakes up first.  Some days it's 3:30, some days it's 4:30 you just never know with him.  Today they both slept until 5:00, it was really weird having it quiet for that long.  When he wakes up he is usually cuddly and wants to smile, hug and kiss on his momma.  Yeah I love it.  It's nice to get some time with just him.

5:00  Start working on dinner for Matthew and I.  If the boys are up they are in the kitchen too.  When I'm in there they think they need to eat something and be right there with me.  Usually Noah has already snacked when he got up from nap.  I try to hold them off as long as possible but usually end up feeding them dinner before we eat.

5:30  I have usually given in by now and the boys are eating dinner.

6:00 The hubs gets up and him and I eat.  Someday we will all eat together most nights.  It's something we are striving for, it's important to both of us that we all eat together so we will get there someday!

6:15-7:15 Clean up kitchen and family time playing.

7:15  Boys head to take a bath
After bath we all chill on the couch for a little kid TV or movie and some nights with popcorn.  I love that they will both sit up here with us.  Each one of us usually gets a boy to snuggle with.  It's usually my favorite part of the day, love unwinding with them!

8:15  Bed time for boys

I make sure mostly everything is picked up and nothing needs finished.
Once the house is decent, I get lazy and hang out on the couch with the computer or a show until bed.

On average I would say I head to bed around 10:30.  Some weeks it's much later and some days it's later but that would probably be my average.

Head to bed, get a good night's sleep and then start all over!

When we have normal weeks our days are pretty simply and to some boring.  But lately I have been more and more of a homebody.  I used to make up errands for the boys and I do every day because I didn't want to stay home, now it's pretty much the opposite.  I stay home whenever I can.

That's our day!  What's yours like?  If you have done a day in the life, let me know I would love to check it out!





No comments:

Post a Comment