Page Tabs Home About Recipes Genesis Pure Journey to 13.1

Monday, March 25, 2013

Spice Organization

I'm an organizing addict.  I love all projects that have to do with it.  I'm one of those weirdos that get giddy with excitement after I finish.  ( I say after because during, my heart is usually racing and I'm on the verge of a panic attack because the mess during a project completely stresses me out)  There are many things that annoy me in my house, mess wise and areas that are just constantly in need of reorganizing and my spice cabinet was one of them.  I have tried multiple times to fix the issue to where it wouldn't bug me and get messed up every week but just never worked.  Months ago I bought a carousel and a tiered shelf thing for my cabinet and thought that would help.  The tier shelf has worked out pretty good and I really do like it, however the carousel not so much.  It was a plastic piece of junk, doesn't spin well and hardly fit in the cabinet.

Then one day I was amazoning (if that isn't a word it should be, because let's face amazon has everything) for a solution for my spices and came across a spice rack for your drawer.  Genius!  Why hadn't I thought of that before!

I had a drawer that just held our foil, cling wrap and some baggies and knew I could put those somewhere else in order to house this awesome new organizer I found so I bought it and since we have Amazon Prime it was here in 2 days!

Here is my messy baking, spice, seasoning, random assortment of everything cabinet.  I may just have way more than the average person I don't know but to mess this is a REAL problem, haha!

Then here is my semi-solution.  I say semi, because I moved most of my seasoning and spices out but also kept the tiered organizer in the cabinet for all the larger bottles of stuff.  I just love the drawer organizer because you can easily see everything and get right to it, no reaching around other bottles and knocking them off the shelf, no more spinning that worthless carousel.  This drawer makes me happy everytime I need to open it!  Since I did this I also made a lot more room in the cabinet to spread everything else out and make nice and neat rows.  Have I mentioned how I love rows in cabinets, because I do.  Yeah I'm one of those weird people.  


Also just in case you are weird like me  and want one of these awesome drawers, you can go here to buy one.

Linking up SemiHomemadeMom for Show and Share Wednesday



2 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I only have 2 drawers in my kitchen, so I don't have room to do this, but its a great idea and I'm sure it makes things so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I also hate my spice cabinet!

    ReplyDelete