Page Tabs Home About Recipes Genesis Pure Journey to 13.1

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Mom Swap Freezer Cooking

I couldn't be more excited for  Monday.

I have always wanted to have a freezer cooking day but just have never had the opportunity without my boys home and taking on huge tasks with my boys at home without the hubby home to help makes me nervous.
Then I was talking to my SIL and she was telling me about how her moms group was having a freezer cooking day.  I thought it was a great idea.  Freezer cooking and hanging out with friends, an awesome combination.
Here's how we are going to make this day happen.

- Each mom, decides on a recipe.  ( I made a facebook group event,that way we can all communicate easily and each mom is posting what she is planning on bringing, that way we don't end up with any duplicates)

-She then purchases enough supplies to make her own recipe times however many people are coming ( We are going to have 9).

-The day of the event, we all come together with our recipes, ingredients and began to create our meals.
Our kids get to play together, we moms get to hang out with each other.  My kitchen will be chaotic, but it will be fun!

Then the best part is, we each go home with many different freezer meals.  For example, we will have 9 people so we will each have 9 different freezer meals to bring home with us!

In planning this I went where other than Pinterest to find some freezer recipes.  Boy is there a  lot of recipes out there. I spent a ton of time looking at all sorts of posts to find a lot  of recipes that just didn't appeal to me. But thought I would gather  some of them up for all of you!

Baked Ziti
BBQ Pork Spareribs
Beef and Black Bean Mix
Beef Stew
Beef Stroganoff
Beef Tips
Black Bean Chili
Buffalo Chicken
Cheeseburger Soup
Cheesy Ravioli Bake
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
Chicken Cacciatore
Chicken Curry
Chicken Enchiladas
Chicken Parmesean Meatloaf
Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken Tacos
Chicken Taco Soup
Chicken Tinga Tostados
Chinese Hamburger
Cilantro Lime Chicken
Colorado Beef Burritos
Cream Cheese Chicken
Divine Chicken
Fajitas (Chicken or Beef)
French Dip Sandwiches
Hawaiian Chicken
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
Homestyle Chicken and Rice Soup
Honey Garlic Chicken
Honey Sesame Chicken
Honey Sesame Chicken with Broccoli
Hot and Spicy Braised Peanut Chicken
Island Chicken
Italian Bolognese
Italian Chicken
Italian Sausage with Peppes and Onions
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Low Country Smothered Pork Chops
Meatball Stroganoff
Meatloaf and Rosemary Potatoes
Mediterranean Pork Chops
Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup
Mongolian Beef
Orange Chicken
Parmesean Chicken
Pasta Carbonara
Peppered Steak
Pizza Calzones
Poppyseed Chicken
Pot Roast
Pulled Pork
Rice and Chicken Hot Dish
Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Cream Sauce
Salsa Chicken
Santa Fe Chicken
Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
Shredded Pork Tacos
Sloppy Joes
Southwest Chicken Wraps
Summertime Beef Tips
Taco Soup
Tator Tot Casserole
Teriyaki Chicken
Teriyaki Pork Chops
White Chicken Chili


Have you tried freezer cooking? If so what's your favorite recipe?

 I'll be sure to update next week on our Mom Swap Freezer Cooking Day went!




No comments:

Post a Comment